As an independent, non-denominational, New Testament Church New Hope Christian Church believes:
- The Bible is the revelation of God to mankind, the divinely inspired and inerrant Word of God, and is the final authority on matters of faith, doctrine and practice. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- God is the Creator and Sustainer of everything that exists, is Sovereign over all created things in heaven and earth, is righteous Judge and the only supreme God. (Deuteronomy 4:35; 1 Samuel 2:2)
- Jesus Christ is the One and Only Son of God who was virgin-born, sinless, crucified on the cross, raised from the dead on the third day and is coming again to claim His Bride, the Church (Matthew 1:18 &23; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; John 14:3; Acts 1:11).
- The Holy Spirit convicts men of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16:8), brings life to a heart dead in sin (2Thessalonians 2:13), indwells, sanctifies and instructs each believer, equips them for service in the Church and in the world in order to fulfill the purposes of God (Ephesians 4:12-14) and seals them until the day of Christ’s return (Ephesians 1:13-14).
- Man was created by and for God, but all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glorious standard (Romans 3:23, 6:23).
- Salvation is a free gift bestowed by God’s grace, received and secured through faith in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:1-9). Salvation is granted wholly by God’s grace based on the redeeming work of Christ Jesus on the cross and the merit of His blood and not on the basis of human merit or works. One who comes to Christ with saving faith must repent of sins, confess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be baptized(immersion) into Christ, and live forever in faithful obedience to Him.
- Baptism by immersion in water unites the believer with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection (Romans 6:1-4).
- Communion is taken by believers every Lord’s Day(Sunday) to remember Christ’s sacrifice for our sins. (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 2:42)
- The Church is the Bride of Christ (Revelation 19:7 & 21:2), purchased by His blood to be presented spotless before God when Jesus returns. (Ephesians 5:25-27)
- THE PURPOSE OF THE CHURCH on earth is to glorify God by fulfilling His last command – “go into all the world and make disciples.” (Matthew 28:16-20).